Imperia E. Brajkovich, MD is a Medical Doctor who graduated from the Central Univeristy of Venezuela with Postgraduate training in Endocrinlogy at the Hammersmith Hospital, London, England and at the Heidelberg University, Department of Endocrinology, Germany. Her educational background and experience includes:
- Visiting professor at the Clinical Diabetes Research in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, in Gainesville University of Florida, USA and at the Joslin Diabetes Clinic in Boston, USA after winning the Latin American scholarship (ACP) of the American College of Physicians.
- Advanced course of Good Practices and Clinical Research Harvard Medical International, Caracas and Latin American Course on Epidemiology in Diabetes, Chile.
- Professor of Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Luis Razetti School, Central University of Venezuela
- Past Head of the Internal Medicine Service B, University Hospital of Caracas, Medicine Faculty, Luis Razetti School, Central University of Venezuela.
- Several positions on the Board of Directors of Venezuelan Association for the Study of Obesity (AVESO) as a founder member, secretary, vice president and past re-elected president
- Several positions on the Board of Directors of the Venezuelan Society of Endocrinology and Metabolism (SVEM) as a member, secretary, vice-president and past re-elected president, actual director
- Several positions on the Board of Directors: director, secretary, vice president and past president of the Latin American Federation of Societies of Obesity (FLASO).
- Actual director in the Latin-American Endocrinology Federation (FELAEN).
- Full member of the Venezuelan Society of Internal Medicine (SVMI), Venezuela.
- Full member of the Latin American Society of Diabetes (ALAD).
- Publications in indexed medical journals, most of them related to Diabetes Mellitus, Metabolic Syndrome, Obesity, NCR Collaborations Group.
- Participation in Experts Boards of Diabetes and Obesity.
- Participation as a consultation in a WHO consensus in Metabolic Syndrome.
- National and International speaker/coordinator in pathologies related to obesity and its complications, metabolic syndrome, diabetes mellitus and complications.